Job ID: 126
At Cranky Concierge, we strive to be the most useful and worry-free travel service available for all travelers. We use our superior industry knowledge to book travel, monitor for issues, and step in when things go wrong. We’ve grown steadily and continuously since our founding in 2009, and now we need more help. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a home-based Travel Architect to help clients by searching for and booking travel (using money or miles), but there is more to it than just that. Travel Architects can work from anywhere as long as they have access to the internet. Full- and part-time roles are available.
- Search for and book air travel for clients. The search will be conducted utilizing different tools and websites. Paid travel is most often booked in the Sabre system, but some vendors (including all award travel) must be booked directly with the airlines either via phone or online.
- Arrange hotels, car rentals, transfers, and more in relation to flights that are booked for some clients.
- Prepare flight updates and help clients when things go wrong (missed connections, cancellations, you name it).
- Help new and existing clients by answering phone calls and email inquiries promptly.
How does that sound? If it’s the kind of thing you’d like to do, then here’s what we’re looking for.
- Reliable - You’ll be working remotely, and we don’t like to micro-manage. Things move quickly here and we need everyone to be on duty when expected. If you say you’ll do something, we need to trust you’ll follow through.
- Creative - Building on that, we need you to use your imagination to find (slightly) wacky solutions. Anyone can find the nonstop, but it takes skill to come up with that 3-stop option via Zimbabwe.
- Quick Learner - We don’t require that you know a ton about booking travel when you start (though it helps). There is a ton to learn, but we’ll train you on what you need to know. We just need you to be able to pick things up quickly.
- Detail Oriented - Dealing with air travel is not easy since there are a million important details and all have to be conveyed correctly. Even little things matter. For example, does it bother you that there’s no hyphen between “Detail” and “Oriented”? It should.
- Common Sense - You should have it. Clients don’t always tell us exactly what they want, so you need to know when to put the pieces together and when to ask for more information.
- Calm - This is for your own good. Things can get intense here. It all moves fast: award seats disappear, clients get angry, and flights cancel. If you can keep yourself calm, you’ll be ahead of the game.
- Clean - You’ll need to have a clean background. Since you’ll be handling sensitive data, a background check will be required.
- Business Casual - Our interactions with clients are always professional, but that doesn’t mean they’re rigid or stilted. It’s always a conversation, and it should sound like one. (As for the dress code, well, we’re home-based so that’s up to you.)
If you still think you’d be a great fit, then keep reading. Here’s where we get into the weeds.
- You’ll work from home (or wherever, really), so make sure you have a place that’s quiet and comfortable. Preference is given to those who have permanent residency (for tax purposes) in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas since we’re already registered with those states.
- You’ll need to have a reliable computer and phone. We’re a cloud-based company, so a quality internet connection is required.
- Be comfortable with online chat for internal needs, sometimes with video.
- We are looking for both full-time and part-time employees, so please let us know in the application what you prefer.
- Starting pay is $17 per hour.
- We’re hoping to have someone start as quickly as possible.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, then we want to hear from you.