Weekend & Overnight On Duty Concierge
Job ID: 932
At Cranky Concierge, we strive to be the most useful and worry-free travel service available for all travelers. We use our superior industry knowledge to book travel, monitor for issues, and intervene when things go wrong.
We specialize in providing air travel assistance to people at various points in their travels. The Concierge's primary responsibility is to help people if something goes wrong during the hours the flight planning office is closed, but will also overlap the open office hours at the beginning or end of the day. Available shifts are primarily: 3:00 am to 10:00 am ET on weekends and holidays but with the possibility to fill in when needed on weekdays too. We’re looking for someone able to cover at least two or three shifts per week.
For this role, we want someone passionate about helping stranded travelers get where they need to go. You have to like dealing with people and understanding what they need, even if they aren't entirely sure. You should be good at being available at night (or perhaps living in Europe, Asia, or Africa). If you don't love all of this, it's not the right fit.
Salary range: $14-$16/hour
- Concierges are on duty to answer any urgent questions and help travelers who are stuck overnight. Email and phone systems are programmed to alert if there's a problem, but other notifications may come in.
- Some urgent questions may require a simple response or update (such as a slight delay with no impact on plans). Others may involve finding new flight options for cancellations and missed connections. This will often be done in the Sabre GDS.
- Available to answer urgent phone calls and provide help if needed (sometimes, those calls to the urgent line aren't all that urgent!).
- Prepare and send flight updates.
- Assist with tasks such as processing refunds, filing for compensation, and other pre- and post-travel tasks as needed.
- When needed and workload permits, the concierge will assist with travel planning, including but not limited to searching for and booking air travel, hotels, car rentals, and transfers. This will mainly be done by email but may also entail phone calls.
If this sounds like the kind of thing you like to do, then keep reading!
Skills You Should Possess (and Other Stuff)
- Reliability is critical. Must be available and able to assist within 10 minutes of any alert notification.
- Must have good knowledge of airline networks and options to be able to find alternates quickly for stranded clients.
- Knowledge of Sabre or other GDS/ARS is preferred but not required.
- Accuracy and speed are essential. Timing is everything when it comes to this role.
- Common sense ability to help clients better understand what they need or should want is required.
- Able to work with little supervision. There are times you’ll be the only person on. You won’t ever be completely on an island, as there will always be someone you can reach out to, which leads us to…
- Never be too proud. If you don't know the answer, then be willing to ask others for help.
- Must be able to roll with the punches and maintain a calm demeanor. The client may be stressed and angry; you can't be.
- Background checks will be required - the job involves handling sensitive client data.
- Location doesn't matter to do the job, but you must be eligible to work in the United States. Preference will be given to those in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
All work is done remotely so make sure that you have a comfortable place to work. Work will be done on your computer (Windows or IOS), and you must have reliable internet and a smartphone (Android or iPhone). Communication with clients and airlines is a mix of email and phone, so you must have a quiet work environment.
We can't stress enough how important attention to detail is, so please be sure to include your favorite airline in your application.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below, and if we think you’re a good fit, we'll send you a link to an additional assessment.